Cheltenham Borough Boundary Review
Have your say on a new political map for Cheltenham Borough Council
A new pattern of wards is being developed for Cheltenham Borough Council by the Local Government Boundary Commission for England (LGBCE) for Cheltenham Borough Council.
The Local Government Boundary Commission for England, an independent body accountable to Parliament, recommends and draws up fair electoral and boundary arrangements for local authorities in England. In doing so, it aims to
- Make sure that, within an authority, each councillor represents a similar number of electors
- Create boundaries that are appropriate, and reflect community ties and identities
- Deliver reviews informed by local needs, views and circumstances
It is reviewing Cheltenham to make sure councillors represent about the same number of electors, currently 40, and that any future ward arrangement helps the council work effectively. It wants to be sure that its proposals reflect community ties and identities.
A 10-week consultation started at the end of May will run until 1 August 2022.
The Local Government Boundary Commission wants to hear what residents and organisations think about their local area.
- Which communities should be part of the same ward?
- What facilities do people share, such as parks, leisure centres or schools and shopping areas?
- What issues do neighbouring communities face that they have in common, such as high numbers of visitors or heavy traffic?
- Has there been new housing or commercial developments that have changed the focus of communities?
- Are there roads, rivers, railways or other features that people believe form strong boundaries between neighbourhoods?
The Commission wants to hear from you.
It wants to hear local views to help it draw up proposals for new ward boundaries.
The Commission has a dedicated section on its website where people can give their views:
People can also give their views by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org,
and by post: Review Officer (Cheltenham), LGBCE, PO Box 133, Blyth, NE24 9FE