Cheltenham Labour Party Women’s Group – International Women’s Day Event, Saturday 9th March, The Schoolhouse Café, St Paul’s. Cheltenham GL50 4EZ
The March meeting of the Cheltenham Labour Party Women’s Group (open to non members) will be on Saturday 9th March, 2 – 4 p.m. This is to mark International Women’s Day 2019, and the theme is #BalanceforBetter
It’s going to be a great afternoon of celebration and information!
Confirmed speakers so far:
- Cheltenham WASPI Group – Cheltenham Coordinator, Hilary Simpson talking about the battle to get fair pensions for women born in the 1950s
- Cheltenham Welcomes Refugees – Nathalie Genes, talking about the work that is done with women refugees in Cheltenham
- EU Citizens living in the UK applying for settled status – Manuela Joynes small business owner, and long term resident in the UK, talks about the impact on one woman of having to apply for settled status in a country that has been home for over 30 years
- The Labour Party and women – Julie Farmer, Cheltenham CLP Women’s Officer
- Extinction Rebellion – Sarah Lunnon, Green Party
- Cheltenham for Europe will also have a stand.
The theme of International Women’s Day 2019 is #BalanceforBetter – reminding us that a balance of gender involvement in all spheres of life is the best way forward (see https://www.internationalwomensday.com/Theme)
“The story of women’s struggle for equality belongs to no single feminist nor to any one organisation but to the collective efforts of all who care about human rights.”
We hope you will come along and join us – the meeting is open to any woman, not just Labour Party members. Cake will be free, drinks can be purchased from the café! Children are welcome too.
Looking forward to seeing you in the 9th March!