Cheltenham Labour Party wants to do all it can to help Cheltenham residents who are bearing the brunt of the impact of the Covid pandemic and the difficulties it is creating. Many people this Christmas will struggle to put food on the table, give gifts to their children, or just spend time with another person.
So this Christmas, we are going to use our membership and networks to help raise donations of Christmas treats and food for The Cheltenham Food Bank (Elim church) Christmas Appeal and the Open Door Christmas Appeal.
We are setting up collection points in residential areas around Cheltenham, which we hope will be easy for many people to get to. If you would like to drop off donations at a collection point, please get in touch with us by clicking on this link and we will send you a list of collection points at the addresses of participating members around Cheltenham.
But if you would like to contribute but need someone to come to you to collect your donations, because you are self-isolating or have difficulty getting out, please follow this link and we will arrange for someone to come to you.
If you have any of the items on the list below to donate, just get them to us, or ask us to come and collect them, and we will direct them to the appropriate charity.
Thank you so much for your help!
What sort of things can you donate?
Both charities are looking for:
• TOILETRIES for men and women: shower gel/bath products; shampoo/conditioner; spray/mini perfumes; gift sets; cosmetics
• EDIBLE TREATS for men, women or children: Christmas chocolates; sweets; nuts; savouries
• GAMES/PUZZLES FOR GROWN UPS or children: Puzzle or joke books; craft sets; small puzzles;
• Colouring books, sticker books and activity books for children, colouring pencils etc.
• Small cuddly toy or Christmas decoration for children
• BRAND NEW PANTS OR SOCKS: for men or women
• NEW GLOVES: for men or women
• BOOKS for men or women: anything cheery!
Food: general supplies are always needed, but something with a Christmas twist (such as mince pies) would be good!
• Tinned meat/fish
• Tinned fruit/puddings
• Tinned “ready foods” (chilli, curry, pies)
• Tinned spaghetti
• Instant or pot noodles
• Tinned potatoes/instant mash
• Chocolate/biscuits/chewy bars
• Tinned carrots/peas