Ed Miliband has set out six ambitious national goals for what can be achieved if we are prepared to make our country work for them
- Giving all young people a shot in life: Ensure as many school-leavers go on to apprenticeships as go to university.
- Tackling the cost-of-living crisis: Help working families share fairly in the wealth of our country so, when the economy grows, the wages of everyday working people grow at the same rate.
- Restoring the dream of home ownership: Meet demand for new homes for the first time in half a century – doubling the number of first-time buyers getting on to the housing ladder each year.
- Tackling low wages: Halve the number of people on low pay in our country, changing the lives of over two million people.
- Leading the world on green jobs: Create one million more high-tech jobs by securing the UK’s position as a world leader in green industries.
- Saving our NHS: Build a world-class, 21st century health and care service.