The Labour Party in Cheltenham was founded in 1918 by the Cheltenham and District Trade and Labour Council with the purpose of electing Labour representatives onto the Town Council.
The values Labour stands for in Cheltenham today remain those which have guided our local party since those early days.
We believe in and we campaign for:
- A first-class National Health Service free at the point of use.
- A decent, safe and secure society with a strong sense of community and social justice.
- The protection of public services and support for the most vulnerable.
- A strong and stable economy based on investment, growth and high quality jobs.
- The right to work, to free choice of employment, to protection against unemployment and paid at a living wage.
- The provision of readily available, decent, secure homes to rent and buy at affordable prices.
- An education system that delivers quality and equality for all to allow all the children and young people of our community to achieve their full potential.